Emerson said, “The world exists for the education of each man.”

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Case For Settling...

I've been reading a book called, "Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough."

The thing about it is, I know that everything I've read so far is true, but it's still such a difficult concept for me to accept... it feels like I'm going against myself! 

And I know I should.  (sigh) ...I suppose I do have high expectations...

Okay, if I had to make a short list of the non-compromising attributes I'm looking for.. here's what I'm thinking:

  • Mature, but not old.
  • Intelligent, but not a genius.

  • Shares common values with me.

  • Confident, but not arrogant.

  • Funny, but knows when to be serious.

  • Sensitive, but not a wimp.

  • Healthy, but not a health nazi.

  • Fit, but not an exercise nazi.

  • Optimistic, but not naive.

  • Ambitious, but not a workoholic.

  • Well-educated, but not still in school.

  • Well-travelled.

  • Sexy.

  • Stylish.

  • Sophisticated, but not pretentious.

  • Decisive, but not bossy or controlling.

  • Can laugh at himself.

  • Well-read, but not into sci-fi or comic books.

  • Financially stable.

  • Warm, but not clingy.

  • oh boy.. this list is getting long...


(eye roll)  I've obviously got a long way to go in learning compromise.  I'll check in on this subject again, after I finish reading the book..

In the meantime, you can read along with me.. check out the link below!
The Atlantic - Marry Him

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment