Emerson said, “The world exists for the education of each man.”

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our Anti-Social Society - Part 1

What happened to all the normal teenagers???

I took the public transit yesterday.  I don't often because I live downtown, so I can usually walk anywhere I need to get.  However, yesterday I was travelling out of my sphere of comfortable walking distance and so I decided to take transit.

On the bus was a large group of students; I'd guess that they were about 14-16 years old. 

I approached them at the back of bus and was completely expecting loud commotion, laughing, trouble-making - or at the least some conversing to take place among the group. 

That's what we did when we were that age... we'd rule the bus and demand attention!

Not these kids.  They all had their heads down and were busy fiddling on their smartphones, iPhones, iPods, or some other form of electronic entertainment.

Seriously?  Since when do teenagers not cause ruckus on the bus?!?   This is craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment